Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Aye Chee Wah Wah
Meet the newest member of the Ball household. His name is Yoda. We were told that he is (most likely) part chihuahua and part jack russell terrior. Some friends found this dog in the middle of a busy road one night and rescued him before he got hit from all of the cars. They brought him home and tried to find his owners but with no success. The pound said that because of the economy a lot of people are abandoning their pets because they can't afford to feed them anymore. Our friends weren't able to keep him and so they convinced us that we need to.
So now in the space of less than 6 months this no pet household/family now has 2 cats and a dog. I think I am wearing down and getting soft in my old age.
Despite the MANY accidents that he has been having (we are trying to work on that problem) the kids are having a lot of fun with him. The one really good thing that I think helped convince me of this craziness is that the doesn't bark, jump on the kids, or lick their faces. I have a really hard time with dogs that jump up on people and go for the face when you are on the ground. I didn't want my kids to have to worry about having a dog in their face. Luckily he is really really good with kids. Ryan thinks that all kids need to have pets growing up. He claims that they grow up more responible and well rounded and have great memories as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You are worse than I am! You can't tease me anymore! Is Ryan allergic to dogs too?
I guess that is why you are so responsible...cats, birds, hampsters, dogs, & later came the iguana & rats...we tried the gammet. (Did I forget any?).
That is very fun for the kids! I remember when we got a dog after having lots of cats. They are so much fun to play with and take care of! He is a cute one! I like the name too. :)
You are better than I am....no inside animals here! :) I agree that pets are good for kids, teaches them some responsibility (or at least we hope it will). He is a cute puppy!
he is so cute. i want to come play with him.
How fun!! They were needing another dog after Chubs. He is a cute one.
He's such a cute dog! We are so glad you got him! You'll be surprised how quickly he becomes a part of your family!
Post a Comment