Today Alyse had her tonsils and adnoids removed. This is the before picture. She was pretty funny this morning. Believe it or not, she was very excited to be going the doctor and be getting her tonsils out. We have been talking to her about it a lot to help prepare her for it. All morning she kept talking about how she gets to go to the doctor and they were going to put her to bed and then she gets a popsicle. I talked to her about it a lot because I didn't want her to be scared....I didn't realize that it would make her get excited about the whole thing.
This is a blurry but somewhat good shot of how big her tonsils were. Look at how red and huge they are/were. :) Poor girl couldn't eat food very well with those huge things in her mouth.
Alyse is just coming out of surgery and starting to wake up. She was pretty confused at first and really really drowsy. She had a slight allergic reaction to the anesthesia and her chest broke out in hives. So the doctors gave her benadryl to help with the hives. There were no other issues and so they aren't sure why she broke out. The benadryl and the anesthesia made her very, very tired.
On our ride home.
She has been just resting on the couch watching movies and being waited on. She has been taking advantage of having popsicles whenever she desires. Which is a good thing. I am just happy that she is feeling as good as she does and is able to keep stuff down.
September 2, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! You were quick with getting this posted. I will look forward to seeing the 'after' picture of the inside of her mouth.
Hope she does as well tomorrow and the next.
I agree...you were WAY quick getting this posted!
Poor Alyse! That definitely does not sound fun at all. I hope that her recovery goes well. An after pic would be cool.
Oh! Poor Alyse! She looks pretty out of it- Hopefully she keeps feeling well!
Post a Comment